Ah, to be spoilt with the choice! It is blissful to know that we have multiple options in the laptop world. With increasing demand, manufacturers rose to the occasion to come up with multiple options for us. Now, regardless of how specific our requirements are, there are laptops that suit us perfectly.
When you look at the other side of this coin, though, you will see utter chaos. There are too many laptops! How do you choose? Well, you start by jotting down your needs, which would be AutoCAD and Revit in this case. Then, you skim through the laptops that suit your preferences. Yes, there are plenty of options! That’s why we have come up with a list of the best laptops for AutoCAD and Revit only for you. But before that, let’s go through the differences between the two.
Difference between AutoCAD and Revit
AutoCAD has been available for use since 1982 as a commercial software program for computer aided designs (CAD). It allows both 2D and 3D designs. When it was launched, it was a desktop app, but today, it is cloud-based and mobile-app based. Today, it is popular as AutoCAD 360. Architects, designers, engineers, project managers, etc. use it very often as it helps make basic geometry to represent real objects. Many professionals consider AutoCAD as the best commercial software for 2D designs, such as elevation drawings.
Revit is a product that allows users to design buildings, structures, etc. in 3D. It is essentially a Building Information Modeling (BIM) product suitable for architects, designers, contractors, structural engineers, etc. Revit, however, is not as flexible as AutoCAD. You must get the design right because you are doing it in 3D and also because the model helps you coordinate with the rest of the job. Revit should be your go-to for generating cost schedules, modeling, change management, and collaboration.
Now, let’s see what the market offers!
Best Laptop for AutoCAD and Revit
1. Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS Laptop for AutoCAD
Have you ever seen a list of the best laptops without a Dell laptop? Dell has proven to be a strong leader in laptops, and its i5577 model is a blessing for everyone who is looking for AutoCAD and Revit. Why do we say so? Read on to find out:
- It is a 15.6-inch laptop.
- It has 7th generation Intel Core – Quad Core.
- It comes powered with Windows 10 Home.
- It has 16 GB memory that you can extend to 32 GB.
- The cache is 6 MB.
- The base frequency is 2.8 GHz while the max turbo frequency is 3.8 GHz.
- The SSD is 512GB Pie.
- The laptop does not have an optical drive option.
- The brand boasts of incredible graphics in this laptop thanks to its NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics.
2. Acer Predator Helios 300 for AutoCAD and Revit
Acer is another force to reckon, giving Dell serious competition in every aspect. The Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop is one of the most popular laptops for AutoCAD and Revit out there. It comes packed with superior features that many other laptops fail to offer. Let’s take a look:
- It has 8th Generation Intel Core, 6 Core processor.
- It is a 15.6-inch full HD laptop with a widescreen and IPS display.
- It boasts of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Overclockable Graphics.
- It also has 6 GB dedicated VRAM.
- It has 16 GB memory and 256 GB PCIe SSD.
- You can enjoy 7 hours of battery life, which is quite incredible.
- It is a VR-ready laptop.
- Special effects and voices are clearer and better than ever before thanks to Dolby Audio Premium and true harmony from Acer.
3. HP Pavilion Power Gaming Laptop for AutoCAD
With a 7th Generation Intel Core processor and 2.8 GHz base frequency plus up to 3.8 GHz turbo frequency, how could HP Pavilion stay behind? This laptop comes packed with multiple features that are every user’s delight. Let’s see what they are:
- The video graphics are outstanding thanks to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.
- It also has NVIDIA Pascal and Game Ready thanks to which new games are even better.
- It has a 15.6-inch full HD display with IPS anti-glare. This guarantees crystal clear viewing.
- The memory is 8 GB, and the SSD is 1 TB.
- One of the best things about HP Pavilion is its battery life. You can enjoy up to 11.5 hours of usage without having to plug the laptop in! If you are playing videos, etc. though, you can expect anywhere around 8 hours of battery life, which is more than just decent.
- It has a digital media card reader.
- It has a back-lit keyboard.
- It comes with Windows 10 Home.
4. Acer Aspire E-15 Laptop for Revit
While buying a laptop, the price is a major consideration. It can make or break a deal, and some of the best laptops for AutoCAD and Revit also come with hefty price tags. What do you do then? You choose the Acer Aspire E-15. It is the best value-for-money laptop out there, and that is why it has made it to our list. Let’s learn of its features:
- It has 8th Generation Intel Core.
- Its turbo frequency is extendable to 3.4 GHz.
- It has 8GB Dual Channel Memory.
- It comes with Windows 10 Home.
- It is a smooth, well-designed laptop.
- It is powered with NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Graphics to enhance your entertainment time.
- The Acer TrueHarmony limits distortion in audio and does complete justice to your favorite tones.
5. Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 for AutoCAD and Revit
Lenovo is another giant that has made it to our list with its large 17-3-inch gaming notebook. It is a full HD laptop with multiple features that we shall look at in this section. Keep reading!
- It has an LED-lit, IPS display that offers 1920 x 1080 resolution. It also has features such as anti-glare and FHD.
- It comes with Windows 10 Home.
- It is powered with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 M.
- It has a backlit keyboard.
- It has 1 TB HDD and 128 GB SSD.
- It has a touchpad, but a few users have said that it is not as responsive as they would like it to be. So, this is something you have to consider while making a choice.
- It may not give you exceptional video graphics, and it is not really VR-ready, but it is a super laptop for other uses.
6. ASUS ROG Zephyrus Laptop for Revit
ASUS can never stay behind in the race of the best laptops for AutoCAD and Revit. This particular model is designed to fulfill all your modeling and designing needs with the utmost ease. Here are a few features we know you will enjoy.
- It is a 15.6-inch laptop with an IPS display and full HD resolution.
- The response time is just 3 ms.
- It is a very slim monitor with a bezel of only 6.5 mm.
- It is powered by NVIDIA GeForce and Max Q Technology.
- The laptop’s processor is Intel Core i7 8750H.
- It is made with magnesium alloy (military grade).
- Its 12V fans and anti-dust tunnels ensure that it stays cool even while running heavy software programs such as Revit.
- The keyboard is an ASUS Aura RGB keyboard that you can customize based on your preferences.
- The laptop also has a ROG active aerodynamic system.
7. DELL XPS 15 laptop for Revit and AutoCAD
The Dell XPS 15 laptop is a little expensive but worth every penny. Its features make AutoCAD and Revit easy to use without any stress. Here are a few of those features:
- It has the 6th Generation Intel SkyLake Core with a 6M cache.
- Its refresh rate is 3.5 GHz.
- The Dell XPS is a 15-inch monitor with a 4K display and an InfinityEdge Touch Screen.
- It comes with Windows 10 already installed.
- The SSD has a capacity of 512 GB.
- It has 2 memory slots of 8 GB each, providing a total of 16 GB.
- It is lightweight and portable with a seamless keyboard.
- The laptop has an NVIDIA graphics card.
8. ASUS ZenBook Pro Laptop for AutoCAD and Revit
Here’s another excellent product from ASUS! It is a sleek, ultra-modern laptop with capabilities that will blow you over. Below are a few important specs:
- It is portable and large at the same time, with a screen size of 15.6 inches.
- It has a full HD display that can make your models come to life.
- It is powered by Intel i7, Quad Core, and Turbo boost. It also has a 6 MB cache.
- It has the Windows 10 Professional operating system.
- ASUS ZenBook Pro is particularly popular for its thin bezel (only 7.3 mm) and 83% screen-to-body ratio.
- To protect your eyes, the laptop has ASUS Eye Care Technology. It reduces blue light by an astounding 30%. This means you can use the laptop for a long time without stressing your eyes out.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year limited warranty.
You will see that our list has various options that you can pick from based on what you prefer. Each laptop has particular features that help in one way or another. Keep your priorities in mind, and then you can pick the one that matches them. All the best!