Fancy 4K gaming monitors are the rage right now. Everyone wants to get their hands on one of these beasts. But, we have a question that will definitely make you think: Are these monitors ideal for all types of games? The answer is no.
How to choose the best monitor for fighting games
Searching for gaming monitors itself is a big task. Finding the best screens for fighting games within those gaming monitors is another huge deal altogether! But it can be easy if you know what to look for and that’s exactly what we shall help you with.
- To start off with, let’s repeat the golden rule – low input lag is the main feature to look for. This feature is very important to ensure that your fighting experience is top-notch. This is quite different from response time because response time talks about how quickly a pixel can go from black to white. Input lag is the time taken to execute a command such as a click of the mouse or a press of the controller.
- The refresh rate is another important factor. For fighting games, anything from 60 to 75 Hz is good enough.
- Make sure you don’t choose a monitor smaller than 24 inches. Even if the display is great, you won’t have fun on a small screen.
- Speaking of the display, our vote goes to 4K and QHD resolutions.
Of course, price is also crucial but we recommend that you do not make it a priority. To get the best fighting game experience, you may have to be flexible in this regard.
Best Monitor for Fighting Games
4K HDR monitors are superb and support most games for sure, but they tend to have lower refresh rates. This particular downside makes them a sub-par choice for fighting games. Fight games require the best refresh rates and response times. This is why you must get out of the shadow of 4K monitors and specifically look for monitors that are designed for fight games.
Does this seem like an arduous task? It does. But that’s why we are here! Here’s our list of the top monitors for fighting games in 2019.
1. BenQ ZOWIE RL2755 Gaming Monitor
The BenQ gaming monitor is available in two variants. You can choose the regular one or the one that allows height adjustment based on your requirements. The latter, of course, is priced slightly higher. The gaming monitor is a 27-inch 1080 screen with a plethora of exciting features such as the following:
- It has 1 ms response time, which eliminates lag and ghosting.
- It works on the Black eQualizer technology that provides superior color vibrance and color representation along with visual clarity. This advantage will give you the edge on the battlefield.
- The display is optimized for various gaming modes, including fighting, FPS, and RTS. You can also use the Display Mode or Smart Scaling feature to customize the size of the screen.
- It reduces eye strain and stress through its flicker-free technology and special bezel frame. Thus, even during intense gaming sessions, your eyes won’t feel the pain.
- The monitor has an anti-slip base.
- It had built-in speakers.
- It is VESA compatible.
- It has dual HDMI ports.
- The manufacturers offer a 3-year limited warranty.
2. Nixeus EDG 27-inch IPS WQHD Fighting Game Monitor
The Nixeus EDG Gaming Monitor is loaded with features that every gaming enthusiast will enjoy. From IPS to AMD FreeSync, it has them all, making it the best package! Here are a few more details:
- The manufacturers claim that it is the world’s first gaming monitor that has an AMD FreeSync range from 30 to 144 Hz.
- It provides an exceptional gaming experience without any tearing or stuttering.
- The response time is 4 ms to ensure fast gaming reactions.
- The gaming grade display panel also promises low input lag, making it ideal for fighting games, MOBAs, shooting games, etc.
- The pixel pitch is 0.009 inches.
- Connectivity options include HDMI, DVI-D, and DisplayPort.
- It is VESA compatible.
- Its aspect ratio is 16:9.
3. Acer XF270HU Cbmiiprzx WQHD Monitor
Acer isn’t among those brands that will stand behind and watch. It has always been the frontrunner is monitors, and this niche is no different! In fact, the Acer WQHD monitor has so many amazing things to offer that it would be selfish not to recommend it to you. Don’t believe us? Read on to find out what we mean:
- It is a widescreen monitor with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution.
- It works on the AMD FreeSync Technology.
- Its refresh rate is 144 Hz when you use the HDMI 2.0 and Display Ports.
- It has a zero-frame design.
- It comes with 2 speakers, 2 Watts each.
- Its response time is 1 ms GTG.
- It has multiple ports, including USB, HDMI, and Display.
- The monitor promises to protect your eyes thanks to its Acer VisionCare Technology. It has a blue-light filter, ComfyView, and Flicker-free features.
4. Newest Dell 27” WQHD GSync Premium Gaming Monitor
It is large, it has an LED backlight, and it is an LCD monitor. It has all the features you would like your monitor for fighting games. Read on about a few of them:
- It has the NVIDIA G-Sync Adaptive-Sync Technology, which delivers undistorted moving images.
- It is fully-adjustable. You can pivot, tilt, and swivel, depending on how you like playing.
- Its pixel pitch is 0.2331 mm.
- Its response time is 1 ms.
- The contrast ratio is 1000:1.
- It is an anti-glare monitor.
- Its aspect ratio is 16:9.
- The refresh rate is 144 Hz.
- You can connect using HDMI or DisplayPort.
5. Pixio PX329 32” Certified Fighting Game Monitor
Let’s end our list with an affordable yet trustworthy monitor. The Pixio PX329 has quite a few happy users and has received positive reviews time and again. In fact, it is also Amazon’s Choice. Here’s why:
- It is a 32” WQHD monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- It works on VA Technology and provides a refresh rate of 165 Hz.
- Some of its highlights are low blue light, flicker-free gaming, blur-free refresh rate, and AMD FreeSync.
- It comes with DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity, which makes it compatible with most PCs and gaming consoles.
- It is VESA compatible.
- Its contrast ratio is 3000:1.
- The response time is 4 ms.
6. MSI Full HD Monitor – 24 inches
The MSI monitor comes with a VA panel and a screen curvature of 1500R. It is a great fighting monitor that’s also quite affordable. It is the perfect choice for you especially if you want genre-specific picture resets. Below are a few more interesting details:
- The FHD resolution gives you a very detailed gaming experience.
- It has 115% sRGB and 90% dci-p.
- The response time is 1 ms. So, you don’t have to worry about screen tearing or bad frame rates at all.
- It works on AMD FreeSync technology.
- The refresh rate is 144 Hz, which is more than enough for fighting and other fast-paced games.
- It comes with 2 types of ports – HDMI and DisplayPort.
- Its input lag is 5 ms.
- The only downside that we see here is that it allows limited tilt. If this isn’t a major concern for you, nothing should stop you from purchasing this sleek monitor.
7. Alienware Gaming Monitor
Say hello to the big gun! When it comes to low input lag, no other monitor beats Alienware. This monitor prides itself in this regard and rightly so. Below are a few more features that will interest you:
- Let’s start with its biggest feature – the input lag. It is just 3 ms! That’s virtually non-existent.
- The 25-inch monitor is full HD at 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- The refresh rate is an astounding 240 Hz.
- It works on the AMD FreeSync technology.
- The fully ergonomic design gives you the freedom to adjust based on your convenience.
- The panel technology is TN, which isn’t as great as VA or IPS but it is good enough for gaming.
- The RGB lighting is very attractive.
- It has 2 HDMI ports and 1 DisplayPort.
- It gives a superb artefact-free performance regardless of the frame rate.
- The response time is 1 ms.
- We think this is one of the best priced monitors out there and is worth every penny.
People also ask
To help you in your quest of buying the best monitor for fighting games, we have decided to answer a few FAQs regarding the same.
1) Does FPS matter in fighting games?
Yes, FPS absolutely matters in fighting games. We recommend 60 FPS for a seamless experience.
2) What is the best screen resolution for fighting games?
We would advise you to go with at least 1440p, especially if you are a pro gamer. 2K and 4K resolutions are future-proof and that makes them a great choice.
3) G-Sync or Free Sync for fighting games?
Both are good choices. The only thing to remember is that Free Sync monitors are more affordable.
4) What is the most difficult fighting game?
Tekken is currently considered the most difficult fighting game.
5) What is the easiest fighting game?
If you are just entering the world of fighting games, you will love the Super Smash Bros. It is among the easiest fighting games.
These are our top 5 monitors for fighting games. We hope you found this list helpful. As aforementioned, you must remember that the needs of fighting games are different from regular games, and thus, if you love fighting games, you must buy a monitor that will support the best possible experience.
If you have any doubts or questions regarding the best monitor for fighting games, please feel free to comment.