A good, reliable single monitor is enough for most of us. We can work peacefully and get the job done without qualms. However, some projects and job descriptions call for a dual setup. A single screen is just not enough for them! This holds true for pro gamers, as well. Just one more screen will take away a lot of stress, cut down a lot of time that would otherwise go wasted, and boosts productivity. That is why we highly recommend a dual monitor setup.
While buying a secondary monitor, there are quite a few things to remember, such as the size, specifications, and the price. There are many options out there providing multiple features, which can often lead to confusion. Don’t freak out, though! We are here to help you. We have enlisted, after thorough research and learning, the best secondary computer monitors in the market today.
Best Secondary Monitor
1. Samsung C27HG70 27” HDR QLED
If you have the budget and space, you must buy the Samsung monitor without thinking twice! It is a curved monitor, especially suitable for gaming and graphic design. Let’s explore its main features:
- This is a Quantum Dot monitor.
- It supports more than a billion colors.
- It has a QHD resolution.
- The response time is 1 ms.
- The refresh rate of this monitor is 144 Hz.
- It comes with an excellent stand.
- The Samsung monitor supports the AMD Radeon FreeSync 2.
- It is a very fast monitor designed to reduce advanced motion blur drastically.
- It has an arena lighting feature that enhances the entire atmosphere to help you delve deep into the game.
2. ViewSonic VX2457-MHD 24” Gaming Monitor
The ViewSonic gaming monitor checks many boxes when it comes to affordability and reliability. It is Amazon’s Choice, and you will not worry about burning a hole through your pocket while buying this monitor. Here are more details:
- It is a 1080p full HD monitor with a TN panel. This means that you get aesthetics and functionality at a really low cost! However, you must note that this is an LCD monitor.
- Since it has AMD FreeSync Technology, you will never have to worry about image tearing. The frame rates are very smooth, enabling you to get the best out of your game.
- It has multiple customizable visual modes, which you can adjust based on the type of game you are playing.
- You can use this one as a secondary monitor with regular monitors, laptops, Macs, etc.
- It has DisplayPort, VGA, and HDMI inputs.
- It runs on a flicker-free technology. Its blue-light filter further allows comfortable viewing.
3. Dell Computer Ultrasharp U2415 LED Monitor
Has there ever been a discussion about the best secondary monitors without the mention of Dell? We don’t think so. Dell is among the most reputed brands today, providing ultimate features to its user base. This particular model serves as a really good secondary monitor thanks to these features. Let’s find out what they are:
- This is a 24-inch monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution at 16:10 aspect ratio.
- The contrast ratio is 1000:1.
- It can identify more than 16.78 million colors!
- The viewing angle is 178/178.
- Its response time is 6 ms.
- The Dell Display Manager helps you save power through PowerNap. When you aren’t using the monitor, it automatically dims the light or goes to sleep. Isn’t this an excellent feature?
- The stand is ergonomic and adjustable. You can swivel, tilt, and pivot it based on your preferences.
- It has multiple connection options such as HDMI, VGA, Mini DP, Audio Line Out, and USB.
4. HP Pavilion 21.5” IPS Monitor
Almost in every race, HP gives Dell a run for its money! This is no different. The biggest difference, however, is the price. If you are looking for an extremely cheap second monitor that will just be an excellent extension to your primary screen, you won’t go wrong with this. Here’s why:
- It is a full HD diagonal monitor with 178-degree viewing angles and micro-edge design.
- Its aspect ratio is 16:9 with 2 million pixels. These ensure vibrant images.
- The response time with overdrive is 7 ms.
- It eliminates motion blur.
- The contrast ratio is 1000:1, while the dynamic contrast ratio is 8,000,000:1!
- The connection options include HDMI, VGA, and HDCP.
- It has an anti-glare panel.
5. ASUS ZenScreen MB16AC Portable Monitor
Looking for a small secondary monitor that’s dependable and portable? You cannot go wrong with ASUS! It is our favorite for multiple reasons that we will discuss now:
- It is an FHD monitor with USB-C and A connectivity. It is also compatible with Thunderbolt 3.
- It measures 15.6 inches and is very light at 0.3-inch width, making it a portable, easy to use monitor.
- Its resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It comes with a smart cover and a smart pen hole.
- It runs on the ASUS Eye Care Technology that provides a flicker-free, blur-free viewing experience. It also reduces eye fatigue.
- You can use the ASUS DisplayWidget to toggle through settings easily.
- You need Windows OS for the auto-rotation feature.
- It was designed to serve as a secondary monitor for ASUS laptops and computers, but it works well with other brands as well. It also works with Mac OS.
A secondary monitor serves as a companion and a support system for your main setup. If you buy the wrong one, it will negate your purpose. It will just worsen your situation instead of helping you work and play better. That’s why we urge you to pick the right secondary monitor after comparing all the above options. Trust us, you will have fun!