Minecraft is an extremely popular game across the world that provides hours of entertainment. The game, which is Java-based, requires gamers to build blocks in a 3D world. Sadly, just like many others in its leagues, Minecraft has not been able to escape errors. And, one of the most common errors is a white screen, especially while launching it on Windows 10.
In this article, we will help you solve this error once and for all through easy-to-implement solutions.
Minecraft Windows 10 White Screen
Below are tried and tested ways in which you can get rid of the white screen and play your favorite game with ease.
Check the device driver and update it
If the device driver is corrupted or outdated, you may see the white screen. So, the first order of business would be to check the driver and update it if needed. Below are the steps you should follow for the same:
- Choose Device Manager after right clicking on the Start Menu.
- Find Display Adapters and expand the option.
- You will see your graphics card here. Right click on it and choose Update Driver.
- Once done, restart your computer and launch Minecraft. The problem should be solved.
Note: We recommend that you allow automatic updates to avoid such hassle in the future.
Check the runtimebroker.exe
This is probably the simplest solution on our list. All you have to do is to switch off or close the runtimebroker.exe task process to make the white screen go away. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Task Manager (Shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT + ESC)
- Find Runtime Broker – you may have to scroll for a bit
- Now, right click on this process and choose End Task
- Choose Details on top and repeat the same – Right click on Runtime Broker and choose End Task
- Minecraft should start working now.
Note: There may be multiple tasks running simultaneously. You will have to close all of them.
Delete Minecraft and reinstall it
If the aforementioned solutions don’t work for you, we suggest that you remove the game altogether and try reinstalling it. Always make sure you download only the latest version from the official website.
Check the Firewall settings
The last solution on our list has to do with your Firewall settings. Sometimes, the antivirus software will block Minecraft from running smoothly. To remedy this, you should add Minecraft to the exceptions list. Below are the steps to do so:
- Open Windows Defender Firewall
- On the left you will see the option to allow any app or feature through the Firewall. Click on it.
- Choose Minecraft.exe and then check Private and Public.
- Click OK so that your computer saves the changes.
- Restart the computer and see whether Minecraft is working without problems
In almost all cases, one of the aforementioned solutions will work. If nothing does the trick for you, there might be a bigger underlying problem to address. Contact a professional for help.
People also ask
1) Why is my Minecraft stuck on a white screen?
The drivers may be outdated or corrupted. Update it to the latest version and try.
2) Why is my Minecraft not working on Windows 10?
It could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Improper installation
- Corrupted drivers
- Mods in the game
3) How do I uninstall Minecraft Windows 10?
- Search for Minecraft on your computer
- Right click on it
- Choose uninstall
4) How do you fix Minecraft when it won’t load?
- Update the video card
- Reinstall Minecraft
- Disable Discord
- Disable Mods in the game
Even though Minecraft Windows 10 white screen is a common problem, it is easy to solve. Our article has helped many users successfully and we hope it works for you too. If you have any more questions, please reach out to us.