To take full advantage of the magical world of gaming, we must have the right monitor with all the capabilities. However, high-end monitors have the tendency to break your bank account with their hefty price tags. Does that mean that you have to be able to dole out a lot of money to nurture your love for gaming? Nope!
We live in amazing times when some things are not very expensive but do the job just as well. Korean monitors are a classic example. They are reliable, easy-to-use, and best of all, affordable! But, you cannot just surf the Internet and buy the first model you find. You must know how to weed out the unreliable, literally “cheap” ones from the good ones. That is a time-consuming process, and if you aren’t able to find the best Korean screens despite trying hard, we are here to help.
A brief about Korean monitors
Korean monitors are monitors manufactured in Korea. Obvious, isn’t it? Yes, but why are they so famous? The answer is simple. Korean monitors are easily affordable because they are cheaper than their counterparts manufactured in other countries. But, you shouldn’t think that they are of bad quality. Even though they are more affordable, they are usually of great quality and perform well. This is why they are popular among gamers on a budget. Ask anyone who uses a Korean monitor and they will vouch for this. They are extremely good!
Choosing a Korean monitor – Buying guide
Since they have grown in popularity, it is important to know how to pick the right Korean monitor. Here’s a buying guide that is sure to help you out:
- Decide which type of monitor you want: Korean monitors are available with a variety of different features and specifications. So, deciding what you need the monitor for is important. Is it for gaming or productivity? Is it for multi-tasking or streaming videos? Having this clarity will narrow your search down.
- Check the resolution: From 1080p to 4K, you have a wide range of options to choose from. Even though you will be tempted to buy the 4K monitor, we advise that you buy what suits your needs. 1080p is actually good enough for many games. If you are an avid gamer and play high-speed games, then a higher resolution will be a better option.
- Choose the right type of panel: You have IPS, TN, and VA panels. IPS is, of course, suitable for gaming. The other two work perfectly well for regular usage.
- Refresh rate: We suggest that you choose 120 Hz at least for an amazing ghosting-free gaming experience. You will easily find 144 Hz as well. If you require that level of quality, go for it by all means!
Best Korean Monitor
Here’s our list of the best cheap Korean monitors – all tried and tested for your convenience.
1. VIOTEK GN27DB Curved Gaming Monitor
Who doesn’t love a curved monitor? And, for it to be affordable is definitely the icing on top! The VIOTEK GN27DB gaming monitor is a 27-inch model with HDR and incredible connectivity. Let’s take a look at its features:
- This is a monitor for pro-gamers. The 27-inch monitor comes with multiple options based on colour and resolution for you to pick the best.
- It is a 1440p monitor.
- Enjoy enhanced gaming with its accuracy and AMD FreeSync Technology.
- No more motion blur or image distortion to worry about!
- You can connect the monitor to different devices quite easily, including your gaming console. It has a display port as well as 2 HDMI ports for accessibility.
- It comes with built-in PIP and PBP for multitasking purposes.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year limited warranty on this Amazon’s Choice monitor.
2. Pixio PX276h HDR Monitor
Extremely popular and trustworthy, the Pixio HDR monitor is among our favourites. It is ultra-fast with low motion blur and promises a significant improvement in gameplay. Here are some of its top features:
- It offers a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- The refresh rate is 144Hz.
- It has ports for HDMI 2.0 and HDMI 1.4. It also has a display port.
- The monitor comes with its own HDMI cable, stand, and power cable.
- It increases the dynamic range between black and white, allowing you to experience clarity beyond your imagination.
- This is flicker-free and has low blue light.
- It comes with the AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology.
- The manufacturers offer a 2-year warranty with this monitor.
3. Samsung C34H890WJN Ultra-wide Professional LED Curved Monitor
Oh yes, this is a Korean monitor from one of our most beloved manufacturers – Samsung! Thanks to the name, we are sure the seal of trust is already established. So, should you buy it? Does it have all the features you would expect from a gaming monitor? You are about to find out.
- It is an ultra-wide monitor with a 1800R curved screen. This makes sure that you have a comfortable yet amazing viewing experience.
- It comes with split-screen and picture-in-picture technology for easy multitasking.
- This Monitor has wide viewing angles and is a 21:9 screen.
- It has one port – USB C. This single port promises excellent connectivity for power, data, and display.
- The resolution is an excellent 3440 x 1440 pixels.
- The refresh rate is 100 Hz.
- On 3 sides of the monitor, you have ultra-slim bezel frame. What more can one ask for?
4. WASABI MANGO FHD240 Edge Monitor
The Wasabi Mango monitor is one of the most affordable Korean monitors on our list. But, you shouldn’t be under the impression that it only has average features. It has everything you want in your monitor, making it a neat little purchase that fulfills your basic requirements. However, if you want something high-end, you can skip this option and move to the next. Now, let’s go through its features.
- It has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels.
- The refresh rate is 60 Hz. This may not be as amazing as the others on this list, but it is good enough for gamers who have just started their incredible gaming journey.
- It has a Samsung PLS LED panel. This means you can expect nothing short of the best!
- It comes with HDMI and D-Sub inputs for connectivity.
- This is flicker-free.
- It is a slim bezel monitor.
- The contrast ratio is 1000:1.
- The response time is 5ms.
5. AOC 27V2H 27-inch Full HD monitor
Another really affordable and Amazon’s Choice option is the AOC monitor. It is for those who want basic features, just like Wasabi Mango, but in comparison, this one is slightly better in the same price range. Here are its features:
- It comes with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is frameless and has a hidden edge panel that gives you wide viewing angles. At the same time, you don’t even need to worry about colour loss.
- It has HDMI and VGA connection ports.
- The monitor is sleek, slim, frameless, and adjustable.
- It works on the AOC LowBlue Mode Technology.
- It also comes powered with AMD FreeSync Technology, protecting your experience from tearing and stuttering.
- Its refresh rate is 75 Hz, and the response time is 5ms.
6. VIOTEK GNV30CB – 30-inch Monitor
It is large, curved, and absolutely amazing! The best part about this Korean monitor is that even though it is large, it is not so large that you fight for space. 30 inches is perfect for anyone looking for a middle ground between small and too large. Are there more reasons to buy this monitor? Of course. Here they are:
- It is ultra-wide with an aspect ratio of 21:9. Yet, it is compact.
- It is a 1080p monitor with 2K resolution.
- It is extremely fast with a refresh rate of 144 Hz.
- Its response rate is 4 ms.
- Gamers will rejoice while playing their favorite games on this monitor because it provides tear-free graphics.
- It also has AMD FreeSync that supports heavy-duty games without compromising on the quality.
- It comes with multiple connecting ports such as HDMI, headphones, and DisplayPort.
- It has minimal bezels so that you take advantage of all the 30 inches!
- The brand offers a 3-year limited warranty on this product.
7. PRISM Korea – 28-inch UHD Monitor
This one is one of the top Korean 4K monitors today. It measures 28 inches and has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. Its panel is made of LED matte, making it anti-glare and easy on the eyes. Below are a few more features of the PRISM monitor that we absolutely love:
- It has AMD FreeSync that supports extremely high-quality gaming.
- Its response time is 1 ms.
- The refresh rate is 60 Hz.
- It comes with multiple ports including HDMI, USB, audio, and DisplayPort.
- The monitor is VESA compatible.
- You also get a remote control with this monitor, which we think is really cool.
- The contrast ratio is 5,000,000:1 and the brightness is 300cd/m2.
- It has inbuilt speakers of 10w each.
- Its other features include flicker-free gameplay, low blue light, HDCP, and PIP/PBP.
People also ask
Now, let’s go through a few FAQs to clear the common doubts our readers have:
1) Are Korean monitors worth it?
Absolutely! Korean monitors are high-performance monitors with pocket-friendly price tags. That is why they are highly preferred by gamers.
2) Are Korean ultra-wide monitors worth it?
Yes, they are. Just make sure you choose a vendor who allows replacement so that you can return or replace it if you are not happy.
3) Do I want a curved Korean monitor?
Curved monitors are great for gaming and long hours of work because they are easy on the eyes. So, yes, you probably need a curved Korean monitor.
From high-end to basic, our list covers them all. So, go on, compare, and choose the best based on your preferences. All the best!