If you have GTX 970 or planning to get it for your next PC upgrade and looking for the best monitor for it, then you are at the right place. Here, I have listed the top-rated GTX 970 monitors.
The GTX 970 is a dedicated gaming graphics card from NVIDIA GeForce. It will help you to get an astounding gaming experience through its class-leading graphics properties. It supports the Gsync adaptive synchronization technology. The Gsync reduces the screen tearing and stuttering which ultimately minimizes the eye strain. With the cutting-edge features, it delivers ultimate power efficiency. It works perfectly with the 165Hz or 144Hz monitors (in some games, even the 60Hz monitor can do the best) at the resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. But, most of the Gsync displays those are compatible with the GeForce GTX PCs will provide you the desired result on your GTX 970.
Now, let’s have a look at the top displays for NVIDIA.
Best Monitor for GTX 970
1. ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR 27” Display
The Asus PG278QR is a great gaming monitor that delivers a soothing visual experience. It is a TUV certified screen that uses flicker-free technology to reduce the eye strain of the viewer. The VESA mount stand included in the package which allows you to adjust the settings for the tilt, swivel, and pivot.
Features and specs of Asus Rog Swift PGD278QR Monitor are:
- It has a five-way on-screen navigation setting which you can set through the joystick.
- The 27-inch screen delivers a WQHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels (1440P).
- It delivers 165Hz refresh rate (overclockable) with a 1ms response time which is idle for gaming.
- It supports NVIDIA Gsync technology which eliminates the screen tearing and stuttering.
- Along with the flicker-free technology, it has a blue light filter to minimize the eye fatigue.
- You will get multiple connectivity options including HDMI 1.4, USB 3.0, and DisplayPort 1.2 ports.
- You can even become a member of a ROG Elite Rewards loyalty program to earn points as a Republic of Gamers fan.
- It is perfect to use with GeForce GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 950, GTX 670, and most of the other GTX cards.
2. Acer Predator XB241H BMIPR 24-inch Monitor
If you want a high performing monitor for your gaming, then you should bring the Acer Predator XB241H home. It comes with a TN (Twisted Nematic) panel offers a smooth experience while playing games or watching multimedia contents on the screen. According to the features mentioned of the products and the user reviews, we can say that this display will provide a true gaming environment.
Specifications and features of Acer Predator XB241H Monitor are:
- It has a full HD screen with 24-inch size with a top resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- The display has a 1ms response time which delivers the perfect viewing experience.
- It provides a 144Hz refresh rate which can be overclocked to reach 180Hz.
- The machine has a flicker-less feature with NVIDIA Gsync technology to reduce the strain on your eyes.
- It comes with one HDMI port and one display port to connect your devices.
- An ergonomic stand allows to adjust the screen up to 5-inch vertically and rotation of up to 90-degree.
- The machine helps to reduce the power consumption by up to 68% thanks to its EcoDisplay technology which uses the white LED back-lights.
- Two 2W speakers deliver a good sound effect while gaming or watching movies.
- This display has a warranty of 3-years for the parts and labor.
3. Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0″ LED-Lit Monitor
The S2716DGR 27” display with Gsync technology from Dell offers jitter-free graphics and vibrant visuals. The rapid refresh rate with the NVIDIA powered Gsynch adaptive synchronization technology delivers premium yet reliable visual experience while gaming.
Features and specifications of Dell S2716DGR 27” Display are:
- This TN monitor provides a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels (1440P) at the 144hz screen refresh rate.
- It has a dynamic contrast ratio of 1000:1 and a brightness of 350 cd/m2.
- With the LED backlight technology, the screen has an anti-glare coating with 3H hardness.
- It comes with a built-in USB 3.0 hub to connect other network devices.
- It also has one HDMI port and one DisplayPort.
- In the box, along with the 27-inch display, you will get a power cable, one DP cable, a USB 3.0 cable, a quick setup guide, an ergonomic stand, drivers & documentation media, and safety information.
- You can also get two monitors if you want to make a dual display setup.
4. AOC AGON AG271QG Gaming Monitor
AOC is a famous brand for providing USB powered monitors. But the AG271QG is a top-featured Gsync display that can be a perfect addition to your gaming PC needs. Though it has a 27-inch screen size, it is not a curved monitor, and that thing adds an extra attraction.
Specifications and features of AOC AGON AG271QG Display are:
- This IPS display delivers 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution with a 165Hz (overclocked) refresh rates.
- It provides extra-wide viewing angles and comes with an ergonomic base to adjust it to your comfortable position.
- The Gsync technology from NVIDIA offers a true gaming performance for your high-end games.
- It has HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB ports for connectivity.
- You can even mount this monitor on the wall to save the desk space.
- Due to AOC’s Shadow Control feature, you will have a better visual effect in the darkest scene of the game.
- You can choose the display from different sizes including 24-inch, 25-inch, 27-inch, and 35-inch.
5. LG 34UC89G-B 34-Inch Curved UltraWide IPS Gaming Monitor
This ultrawide screen from LG will take your gaming to the edge. For your GTX 970 powered PC, this NVIDIA Gsync supported monitor will deliver a stunning visual experience on a big, more involving screen. With the advanced gaming features, you will surely stay one step ahead of your opponents.
Features and specifications of 34UC89G-B Curved Gaming Display from LG are:
- It offers clearer and smoother gaming experience with its 144Hz refresh rate compared to the 75Hz or 60Hz displays.
- The Gsync technology eliminates screen tearing and offers competitive gaming visuals.
- It provides full HD (FHD) resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels (1080P) on the LED screen with a 21:9 aspect ratio.
- With the ‘crosshair’ feature, you can go to the next level with a center striking point and firing accuracy.
- The ultrawide curved screen of 34-inch will involve you more in the game and provide you real-like experience while playing.
- The Gray to Gray (GTG) response time of 5ms is better for gaming and multimedia contents.
- It comes with a black stabilizer and dedicated game mode which offer you top-of-the-line game playing experience.
6. Acer Predator XB271HU Abmiprz 27-inch Display
The XB271HU from Acer is a widescreen monitor with a 27 inches size which delivers a revolutionary gaming performance. With smooth & clear pictures, you will have minimized distractions to gain competitive edge experience. It is ideal for the graphic designers, gamers, writers, programmers, and students.
Specifications and features of Acer XB271HU Abmiprz Monitor are:
- You will get a full WQHD resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- The NVIDIA Gsync feature renders the GPU according to the game and screen refresh rate to deliver smoother and faster gaming experience.
- The TN panel offers an excellent color reproduction.
- It has three USB 3.0 ports and one DisplayPort to connect your devices.
- The flicker-less technology reduces eye strain by eliminating screen flickering.
- This display is 3D ready which means you will enjoy the 3D content like never before at your home.
- It has Energy Star standards minimizes energy costs and conservation.
7. Lenovo 65C1GCC1US Y27G Razer Edition Monitor
The last but not the least is the Lenovo Y27G display. This Razer edition has multicolored Chroma lighting effects to provide a stunning visual ambiance while playing games or watching videos. The curved screen with blue lighting theme will undoubtedly offer different and more involving images to ensure the purchase is worthy.
Features and specifications of Lenovo 65C1GCC1US Y27G Display are:
- With a native FHD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080P), you will have a crystal clear image quality.
- The 27-inch wide angle curved screen is designed uniquely to put you at the next level in the gaming.
- It is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- The four USB, HDMI, and DisplayPort connectivity make it versatile to connect with your PC, laptop (as a second screen), and even with the gaming consoles.
- It has a 144Hz refresh rate with the NVIDIA Gsync technology which eliminates screen tearing and provides smooth pictures.
- The sleek design with elegant silver color gives a stunning look to the display.
- As it is VESA compatible, you can mount it on the wall to save the tablespace.
- You can even choose the option of the display without the Razor branding to save a few bucks and to compromise with the picture quality.
Good Monitor for GTX 970
Buying a reliable monitor for the NVIDIA GTX 970 graphics is not such an easy task. But the list above will help you to choose the perfect display according to your needs and budget. Any of the above screens you get, you will have an enhanced experience of the NVIDIA Gsync technology which offers smooth and precise picture quality.
Many of the sites suggest that the 60Hz refresh rate is enough for the gaming needs, and our eyes cannot identify the difference between the higher refresh rates. But, according to the tests performed by the experts, it is clear that the 144Hz is outperforming the lower refresh rates when it comes to gaming, and the user eyes can notice the difference as well.
People also ask
We regularly receive questions about monitors for GTX 970 from our readers. We have answered a few of them here:
1) Is a GTX 970 still good in 2021?
To be honest, the GTX 1060 is a better choice today. It is faster. Having said that, GTX 970 is still good for many games.
2) Is GTX 970 outdated?
Even though the GTX 1060 is slightly better than GTX 970, we wouldn’t go so far as to say that the latter is outdated. It just an older graphics card but it is still powerful.
3) Can GTX 970 run 144Hz?
Yes, it will run a 144Hz monitor without any issues.
4) How many monitors can GTX 970 support?
Simultaneously, you can connect 4 monitors.
5) How old is GTX 970?
The oldest model in the series goes back to 2014.
6) Is GTX 970 better than 1050Ti?
No, it is not. GTX 970 is faster.
7) Is a GTX 970 good for gaming?
Yes, you can play regular games very easily with the GTX 970. Only if you play demanding games, you may be unhappy with it.
8) Does the GTX 970 have a DisplayPort?
Yes, it does.
9) How many HDMI ports does a GTX 970 have?
It has 1 HDMI 2.0 port.
10) What power supply does a GTX 970 need?
You will need 500 Watt.
11) Does GTX 970 support 4K?
Yes, thanks to its HDMI 2.0 port, it supports 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz.
Let the world know which monitor from the above will you buy for your GTX 970 or any other NVIDIA GTX series card. Visit the comment section below and share your experience.