The AMD Radeon RX 580 is an excellent graphics card for gamers. You will love playing a variety of games on this and immerse in an amazing experience. However, just getting a graphics card is not enough. You need a supporting monitor that can do justice to all the features your graphics card brings with it.
Dynamic refresh rate, size, response time, etc. are all very important while picking the monitor. This is why we recommend FreeSync models. This technology helps the graphics card to stay connected with your monitor and maintain the refresh rate. The RX 580 supports dynamic refresh rate too but a stable rate is always preferable.
Best monitors for RX 580
Now, let’s discuss our favorite models for your RX 580 so that you compare them with ease.
1. AOC Super Curved Frameless Monitor
Why worry about spending big bucks when you have affordable options that have most of the important features? Say hello to the AOC gaming monitor! We love it for multiple reasons. A few of them are here:
- This is a 27-inch monitor with zero dead pixels. The manufacturers actually guarantee this!
- It is a QHD monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (2K).
- It is super-curved to provide an outstanding gaming experience.
- You will enjoy a 120% coverage of brilliant colors.
- The response time is 1ms while the refresh rate is 144 Hz.
- The monitor comes with a stand that’s ergonomic and easy to adjust (height).
- The AMD FreeSync technology promises zero tearing or blurring of the picture.
- It also has AOC LowBlue Mode technology for easy viewing.
- Connection options include HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB.
- Zero dead pixels
- Super curved
- You will have to make adjustments to most settings before use
2. ViewSonic – Gaming Monitor
This one’s a simple gaming monitor powered by FreeSync to give you a great gaming experience at an outstanding price. So, if your budget is a little tight or if you have just entered the fascinating world of gaming, this is the monitor to choose. Let’s take a closer look:
- It is a 24-inch FHD LCD monitor with AMD FreeSync and adaptive sync technology.
- The response time is 2ms whereas the refresh rate is 75 Hz. This is good enough for quite a few games.
- It also has blue light filter and flicker-free technology that enables comfortable gaming throughout the day. You won’t feel a lot of pressure on your eyes.
- The monitor comes with a number of visual modes that you can switch to for an excellent experience.
- Connectivity options include VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.
- It is also powered with black stabilization for premium visibility.
- It is a wall-mount monitor (VESA).
- Very good response time
- Highly affordable
- Vibrant picture
- Might be a little grainy right out of the box
- Does not support DVI connection
3. LG 34-inch IPS Monitor
We all love a good, ultra-wide gaming experience because it is highly immersive. This is why LG has come up with this 34-inch ultra-wide monitor! It falls in the affordable price range and comes with numerous interesting features such as the following:
- This is an LED monitor with full HD resolution and aspect ratio of 21:9.
- It has 5ms response time and 75 Hz refresh rate.
- The monitor is VESA mountable.
- It allows screen split and has a game mode with customized modes as well.
- Its advanced gaming features include Dynamic Action Sync, Fluid Gaming Action, and more.
- It comes with a height-adjustable stand.
- Good speakers
- The black uniformity is not great
4. LG 27-inch UHD Monitor
If a 34-inch monitor is too large for you, why not choose the LG 27-inch variation? This is an upgrade from the one we spoke about previously because it has some better features. Let’s see what they are:
- It is a UHD monitor with a 4K display.
- The sRGB is more than 99%.
- It has FreeSync, giving you an amazing gaming experience.
- You can control many options on-screen with just a few clicks. You can also do more with the screen split feature.
- The game mode has features that will elevate your gaming experience.
- The refresh rate is 60 Hz.
- A great monitor at the price
- Does not have speakers
5. Acer Nitro – IPS Gaming Monitor
If you do not mind spending a few extra bucks to get superior features, you should totally check out Acer Nitro. This is our favorite on the list. When we discuss the features, you will understand why.
- It is a QHD IPS monitor measuring 34 inches.
- The aspect ratio is 21:9. This means it is a beautiful ultra-wide monitor.
- Its zero frame design is quite attractive.
- The response time is 1ms and the refresh rate is 144 Hz. These are the features that make it perfect for all gaming purposes.
- It comes with HDMI, USB, and DisplayPort for excellent connectivity.
- The FreeSync technology promises zero tearing.
- The monitor also comes powered with Flickerless and Blue Light Shield technologies that protect the eyes.
- Excellent response time
- Large and solid base
- Multiple customizing options
- Not as bright as some users would like
Please continue reading for more information about FreeSync monitors and RX 580. We have answered some common questions here.
Can RX 580 handle 144 Hz?
Oh yes. It can handle it quite smoothly.
How many monitors can RX 580 support?
If you are looking to setup multiple computers for gaming or multi-tasking, please note that your RX 580 can support 4 monitors.
Is RX 580 still good in 2020?
Yes, it is a value pick even in 2020 and we totally recommend it.
What is the NVIDIA equivalent of RX 580?
The GTX 1650 Super is similar to RX 580.
How many HDMI ports does the RX 580 have?
It comes with 2 HDMI ports.
Is RX 580 future-proof?
In technology, rarely anything is future-proof. Better options come up all the time. All we can say currently is that RX 580 is a good choice in 2020. You will be able to use it for another year or so. Post that, you can upgrade.
We hope you are now ready to make the most out of your graphics card with the best monitor. Based on your requirements and budget, you can go ahead and pick any of the above options. If you need more help, kindly get in touch with us.