If you are in the field of programming, then you understand the importance of buying the best monitor for coding purpose. It not only helps you see the detailed content of each of your application but also helps to reduce the strain on your eyes when working for late nights.
Today, I will provide you info on buying the best monitors for programming and coding by reviewing of the top sought products today. Also, I will provide a buying guide on how to choose the best monitor for programming. Let’s get to the information below:
Best Monitor for Programmer
1) Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24” LED-Lit Monitor
Dell is one of the most trusted brands amongst the users across the world. The U2412M Ultrasharp monitor is a 24-inch display which is perfect for coding and programming at your home or office.
Features of Dell Ultrasharp Monitor for Coding are:
- The 24” viewing area is perfect for programming & coding
- It supports 1920x1200P screen resolution at 60HZ refresh rate
- The monitor has color reproduction ratio of 16.78 million colors and 16:10 aspect ratio
- It comes with display port, USB 2.0 port, DVI-D port, VGA port, and also four USB downstream ports
- The package also includes an easy to setup and use arm stand to place your monitor comfortably
- The LED-lit LCD has multiple viewing angles by supporting rotate, swivel, and tilt adjustments
- You can quickly adjust the height, color, contrast, & angle according to your preferences
The Dell U2112M Ultrasharp monitor is energy efficient and environment friendly due to its mercury-free & arsenic-free design. It is available with single arm mount or dual arm mount (optional) to allow you to have most suitable placement for you.
2) BenQ BL3201PH 32” IPS LED 4K Monitor
If you look for the widescreen monitors in the online market, you will always find the BenQ products as one of the most sought & trusted displays. The BenQ BL2101PH provides a clear, crisp Ultra High Definition resolution on its 32” big screen.
Features of BenQ BL3201PH 4K Monitor for Programming are:
- The IPS panel technology makes it an excellent choice for the professionals who are looking for a top display to write the codes
- The 32-inch widescreen allows you to run multiple applications side-by-side with a perfect view
- The 4K (3840×2160) screen resolution offers sharp and clear view while coding or doing any other task on your PC
- The PIP (Picture in Picture) and PBP (Picture by Picture) support greater convenience & help to boost productivity
- You will have the multiple connectivities through to the USB 3.0 and other input ports
- It has the 100% color sRGB ratio & Rec. 709 color space which offers great image reproduction while viewing or editing
The BenQ BL3102PH 4K monitor is a well-priced, powerful performer and advantageous display than many other standard screens available in the market. Not only the coders & designers found it perfect, but also the gamers worldwide took a serious interest in it.
3) HP 22cwa Pavilion IPS LED Monitor
Though this is a 21.5-inch screen (minimum recommended 24” for coding) monitor, the HP is well-known and one of the most used computing machines across the world. That is the main reason for putting the 22cwa Pavilion in this list. The features, specs, and benefits of this HP monitor make it worth to be added, though.
Top features of HP 22cwa Pavilion Monitor are:
- It has a full HD diagonal panel that provides perfect view even at 178-degree wide-angle
- The IPS technology offers vibrant, sharp, clear images with stunning visuals
- It comes with one VGA and one HDMI port
- You will have quick access to the power & menu buttons placed under the screen
- Anti-glare technology that helps to reduce strain on your eyes when you work until late nights
- Arsenic-free and mercury-free design makes it a green contributor to the environment and low halogen functionality proves it as a better energy efficient
- 7ms response time provides smoother picture quality for any application or program that you use on your PC
The contemporary, clean designed 1080P monitor from HP is a top-rated display across the global coders. Its dynamically thin built up offers a stylish look at best price in the category.
4) AOC C4008VU8 40-inch Curved 4K Monitor
Due to its 40-inch extra wide screen, the AOC C4008VU8 display can run four different applications concurrently. It has the decent color reproduction capability that gives a clear, sharp viewing at any time.
Features of AOC C4008VU8 Curved Monitor are:
- Two display ports, two HDMI ports, one VGA, and four USB 3.0 ports allow you to have connectivity options for your multiple devices
- 5ms response time is not only suitable for coding, but also suits the high-level gaming purpose
- It is built with VA panel technology that offers to have the perfect viewing angle even from 178-degree
- 10-bit color support provides you to see realistic images & immersive visuals
- Easy to operate presets for Eco mode, RGB tweak, and other things
- Quick setup process and comfortable viewing with the help of the arm stand
- Flicker-free technology in a curved Ultra HD monitor allows you to go deeply into your reading or writing
The AOC C4008VU8 4K Monitor can become best for both the coding & gaming use if it overcomes the problem of ghosting, lacking adaptive refresh rate, and few other small but noticeable things. Still, it is a good choice for programmers who want a wide-screen display to work in.
5) LG Electronics 43UD79-B 42.5″ LED-lit Monitor
We talked about the top coding monitor with 21.5-inch screen to the ultra-wide display with curved 40-inch design. Here, I will talk about the monitor from LG Electronics which has greater, broader, and extraordinary screen of 42.5-inch.
Features of LG Electronics 43UD79-B Programming Monitor are:
- It is built with FreeSync technology means supports the adaptive refresh rates
- Its Ultra High Definition display offers the 3840x2160P resolution bounded with office-friendly features
- IPS panel supports 178-degree viewing angle and accurate color reproduction
- It is HDCP 2.2 compatible and supports USB Type-C connectivity which means you can view content in 4K displays and can transfer the data between your device and the monitor at top speeds
- This monitor also comes with four HDMI inputs and one display port to connect your devices simultaneously
- You can have four different PIP (Picture in Picture) options with LG split screen technology support
- It has a matte screen which provides 60Hz refresh rate and 5ms response time
Whether you are a programming geek, a professional accountant, or even a nerd gamer, this LG 43UD79-B 42.5” monitor is perfect for you. It costs a little bit more than the other in-category coding monitors though.
How to choose the best monitor for coding?
From the eye care technology to the health side of the screen, from the screen size to the monitor stands, there are some important considerations that you should look when buying a monitor to do the task of programming. Check them below:
- Display Size
- Screen Resolution
- Panel Technology
- Stand and Rotation
- Warranty and Reviews
1) Display Size
Purchasing any screen whether it’s a gaming monitor, a programming display, or any screen for the normal use, the size is always the first and most considerable thing. The most common belief is that the larger the screen size is, the better the productivity a user can have. More or less, it is true in fact.
It is another thing that any-size display can be split into two screens to have a comfortable view when multitasking, but having a widescreen monitor is a perfect combination of quality plus quantity. The minimum recommended screen size for the best programming monitor is 24”. If you can get bigger than this, it is better.
2) Screen Resolution
The typical user thinks that the resolution only matters when we look for a monitor for gaming. But, that is not true. The display resolution of the screen helps reducing strain on eyes. It allows you to read/write programming lines in a comfortable manner.
When we talk about resolution, it directly connected with the screen size. A single screen can have different resolutions settings, so that’s not a big deal. But you should match the display resolution with the size of the monitor to have a clear view. Check some screen resolution consideration below:
|Monitor Size||Resolution (recommended)|
|21.5-inch||1920x1080 (1080P) (Full HD)|
|24-inch||1920x1080 (1080P) (Full HD)|
|27-inch||2560x1440 (1440P) (WQHD)|
|32-inch||3840x2160 (4K) (Ultra HD)|
|40-inch||3840x2160 (4K) (Ultra HD)|
|42-inch||3840x2160 (4K) (Ultra HD)|
3) Panel Technology
Monitors built with either of the below three display panel technologies:
1) IPS (In-Plane Switching)
2) TN (Twisted Nematic)
3) VA (Vertical Alignment)
The first-panel technology is the most advanced among all. It is an upgraded version of the TN panel. IPS monitors provide wide viewing angles with highest color reproduction. You can set the monitor’s screen and can have a perfect view from almost any angle.
The TN panel is relatively cheap, energy efficient, and has a lower response time. But, it does not have the high color reproduction, and wide-angle abilities like the IPS panel has.
The VA technology uses crystal cells to provide a high contrast ratio and wide viewing angles. It is less popular than the other two panel technologies mentioned before.
The best monitor screen resolution for programming and coding is that which provides maximum color generation and reproduction. The TN panel supports 6-bit LUT which means has color reproduction of the only 262K. While the IPS panel supports 8-bit LUT and has between 16.7 million to 1.7 billion color reproduction range. So, regarding Panel technology, I recommend you to go for IPS monitors for coding purpose.
The number and variety of inputs that a monitor supports help you to purchase a most suitable one. You should check how many input ports including USB, HDMI, DVI, mini-HDMI, and VGA ports. If you want to connect your Apple notebook with the monitor, then you should also check whether it is coming with the Thunderbolt port or not.
The best coding monitor comes with multiple connectivity options (almost all) to provide you a wide range of inputs to it.
5) Stand and Rotation
Most of the users ignore the height and adjustments of the monitor stand and rotation functionality. But it is also an equal factor to get the top-class product for your coding work. If you can afford an external stand which can worth $120 or more, then it’s ok, but you are like me who don’t like to waste money on extra spending, then you should check the height of the stand that comes with the monitor. Also, it should support both landscape and portrait mode so that you can easily read/write codes according to your comfort.
6) Warranty and Reviews
Warranty of the manufacturer is a security that given to you against any problem caused in the monitor during use. Generally, if you go up to the monitor of the screen size of 24”-inch or less, you get the warranty of 1-year. While the monitors like 27”-inch and larger come with a more prominent warranty period of around 3-year or more.
The user reviews always help to decide the perfect thing, especially when you are doing online shopping. Check the reviews section on the product page and see what the genuine buyers have written there.
Last but not the least, the cost of the programming display is also important factor. If your budget is low, then you should go for the 24”-inch monitor (you can even buy 23”-inch display) which can come in a medium to lower prices. But make sure that it fulfills all your expectations that you have from a monitor for coding and programming. If you have no bars for the price, then you can go with the 4K monitors or even 5K displays from top brands.
Getting the Best Monitor for Coding
I hope this post on best coding monitors with top-rated products and buying guide help you to buy the most suitable product. Knowledge is the best power and having a handy info like this always helps to improve it.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below and if I missed something here, then kindly provide your feedback on it.