AMD Radeon RX 480 is a popular graphics card known for reasonable quality gaming. It may not be the best one out there but it is decent enough for most games especially in 1440p. It has the GDDR5 memory and a size of 4 GB, which may not be the best in the market but it is good enough for casual gamers and beginners. Now, even though the RX 480 comes with so many good features, you will not be able to make the most out of it if you don’t have the right monitor.
Things to look for in a monitor for RX 480
Let’s go through the features your new monitor must have:
- We think its resolution should be at least 1080p.
- The refresh rate can be 60 Hz but depending on your budget and requirements, you can choose 144 Hz as well. But with better refresh rate, you should choose better resolution (1440p) and a larger screen (at least 27 inches).
- We recommend IPS panels for RX 480 because you will see brilliant colors.
- If your monitor also has the FreeSync technology, which syncs the refresh rate, there’s nothing like it.
Best monitor for RX 480
Keeping the above parameters in mind, we have shortlisted a few monitors that you may like.
1. AOC 27G2 Frameless Monitor – 27 inches
AOC is one of those brands that won’t be at the forefront but will amaze you every time you use their products. This IPS monitor is an ideal example. Below are the reasons why we love it:
- It is an FHD flat monitor with a resolution of 1080p.
- The 3-sided frameless IPS monitor has a refresh rate of 144 Hz.
- The response time is 1 ms.
- It is compatible with NVIDIA G-Sync and adaptive sync to ensure that you enjoy seamless gaming.
- The monitor has various input options including HDMI, VGA, and DisplayPort. It also comes with the required cables.
- It is fully height-adjustable.
- It has low blue mode and keeps flickers at bay.
- The monitor comes with a warranty of 3 years against dead pixels, which we think is brilliant.
- Excellent refresh rate
- Low input lag
- Not very bright
- You may need to adjust the settings to get the right contrast, colors, and brightness
2. BenQ ZOWIE Gaming Monitor for RX 480
The BenQ monitor is another affordable and good choice for the RX 480 graphics card. It comes with a variety of interesting features such as the following:
- It measures 27 inches and has a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Its refresh rate is 144 Hz and provides a great gaming experience.
- The LCD monitor is compatible with Xbox and PS4. With Xbox you will have a refresh rate of 120 Hz while with the PS4, it will be 60 Hz.
- You won’t have to worry about lag or ghosting because its response time is 1 ms.
- The monitor is particularly known for its color vibrance and black equalizer. You can also customize the settings to change color according to the game.
- It comes with a headphone jack and ports for HDMI, DVI-DL, and a DisplayPort.
- It is VESA compatible and fully height adjustable. You can also swivel and tilt.
- You will get a 3-year limited warranty against this product.
- 144 Hz refresh rate
- Bad default colors. You will have to adjust the settings to change them.
3. Samsung Curved Gaming Monitor
This bad boy from Samsung is for those who like big things. It is a beast of a monitor at 49 inches and comes with a few very attractive features. Let’s take a look:
- It has a QLED display with a resolution of 3840 x 1080p.
- The curved monitor is super ultra-wide (32:9) and suits avid gamers. Your whole experience will come to life with a monitor so huge and wide!
- It has HDR support to darken dark colors and brighten the bright one.
- The response time is 1 ms while the refresh rate is 144 Hz. These specifications ensure zero lag, no ghosting, and no problems with motion blur.
- The monitor comes with an adjustable stand and is VESA compatible.
- It is compatible with FreeSync 2.
- Very aesthetic
- Excellent for gaming and productivity
- Crisp colors
- A few users find it slightly expensive
4. Acer XG270HU Widescreen Monitor – 27 inches
Acer is one of our favorite brands when it comes to monitors because it has a wide range of affordable and reliable choices. This widescreen monitor proves our point thanks to the following features:
- The monitor has a WQHD resolution, which means you can enjoy gaming at 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- It has been designed not just as a gaming monitor but also for productivity.
- It supports AMD FreeSync.
- The refresh rate is 144 Hz and the response time is 1 ms.
- The manufacturers say that this is a high-end gaming monitor complete that can handle high data transfer rates. It also comes with the required data cables to facilitate this.
- Its flicker-free technology and low dimming make it easy on the eyes. You won’t feel any strain! It also blocks blue light.
- Looks great
- Rich colors at all viewing angles
- The speaker is not of good quality
5. ASUS TUF Gaming Monitor for RX 480
Let’s close with an Amazon’s Choice monitor, shall we? ASUS barely ever stays out of the race and here it is again! Below are some of its features:
- This is a 27-inch IPS gaming monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1440p.
- Its refresh rate is higher than any other monitor on this list at an incredible 170 Hz (overclock).
- The response time is 1 ms.
- This monitor has been specifically designed for professional gamers and for those who play highly immersive games.
- It works on the HDR technology to provide stunning color performance and contrast.
- It also has shadow-boost that darkens and brightens scenes perfectly.
- It is compatible with NVIDIA G-Sync and eliminates screen tearing. You won’t see any stuttering either.
- Thanks to the ASUS Eye Care Technology, you can use this monitor for hours together without feeling any eye strain.
- It is height adjustable. You can also swivel, pivot, and tilt it.
- Thin bezels
- Excellent refresh rate
- The HDR support is not great
People also ask
Before we close, we will answer a few FAQs on this subject.
1) Does RX 480 support 144 Hz?
Yes, it does.
2) Can the RX 480 handle 2 monitors?
You can connect 2 monitors but with only the non-DisplayPort outputs.
3) Is AMD Radeon RX 480 good for gaming?
It is a decent choice for gaming, we would say.
4) Is RX 580 better than RX 480?
RX 580 is an upgrade and it was recently released. So, yes, it is better than RX 480.
A good graphics card needs a good monitor and vice versa. So, it is very important to choose compatible options that do justice to one another. We hope this guide helped you zero in on the right monitor for your RX 480. If you have further queries, you know what to do – comment!