Gaming is best enjoyed when it is on a big screen. Big screens are immersive and give you an in-depth experience. This is especially important in sim racing and other similar games.
Triple Monitor Vs Ultrawide
Thanks to technology and other advancements in the gaming world, you can simulate real experiences without stepping out of your comfort zone. Ultrawide monitors are an example of the same. Designed especially for gaming, these monitors cover a lot on their wide & curved screen, enabling you to absorb the outstanding effects without problems. On the other side, you also have dual and triple monitor setups that you can go for.
The question is – which option is better?
Triple Monitor Setup
As the name suggests, a triple monitor setup includes 3 monitors of standard size, placed next to each other. Here are some of its features:
- A triple monitor setup will probably cost you less than an ultrawide monitor. Standard monitors are available at very reasonable rates. You can, in fact, have 3 monitors for $500 but one ultrawide monitor can easily cost $1000.
- This setup is very easily adjustable. You have the freedom to choose the amount of curve for a truly immersive experience.
- Space is a huge factor here. You must have enough space to install 3 monitors in comfortable positions.
- You will have to make peace with the bezels or borders of each of the monitors.
Today, ultrawide monitors are the rage in the gaming sector. Recent models are mostly curved and gamers find them irresistible. Its features are as follows:
- Ultrawide monitors are excellent space savers. They are large and compact at the same time, which means you can set them up however you want without worrying about cramming your gaming area.
- Since it is one large monitor, the display is seamless. You won’t have to worry about any bezels ruining your gaming experience.
- Modern monitors are curved and immersive but there’s no adjustability.
- Compatibility is never an issue with an ultrawide monitor. Also, some racing games require a single monitor setup. In such cases, you are limited to this option only.
- Ultrawide monitors are expensive.
Triple Monitor Vs Ultrawide – The Verdict
It all boils down to personal preference and budget, really. If you are a pro gamer, you might want to invest more and buy a good monitor. If you are just starting out, a good triple setup will do just fine. It also depends on the type of games you play and what the specific requirements are.
Most of our experts recommend ultrawide monitors because of their obvious benefits of space-saving, compatibility, and immersive experience. What’s your choice? Let us know in the comments section.