Think of all those stickers, signs, and advertisements you see. How are they created? It is a tool named vinyl cutter that makes this possible. From cutting thick papers to making signages, the tool does it all and that is why it is very important for artists. Many use it even for fabrics, cards, and thick paper.
Best Laptop For Vinyl Cutting
No matter what the purpose maybe, if you are using a vinyl cutter, you will need 2 more things – a laptop and vinyl cutting software. A good, updated, and fast laptop is necessary for the software to function smoothly and to give you the results you are expecting. And, through this article, we are going to help you choose a good laptop.
Most of the modern laptops will help you with vinyl cutting but if you buy one with good specs, you won’t face issues with the software. Here are our recommendations:
- Choose a laptop that has a display of around 15 inches. This is portable and large at the same time to give you decent visuals. Anything smaller may be inconvenient. If you are not particular about portability you can also buy a larger one.
- The battery life should be 6 hours or more for optimal performance. This time frame is good enough for your laptop to last long without the need for charging while you work.
- Choose one with at least 8 GB memory and Intel or NVIDIA graphics.
- The storage should be around 256 GB or more.
- USB ports, wireless capabilities, HDMI ports, etc. are a must.
- We advise that you choose at least an Intel i7 or equivalent processor. If you are strapped for cash, though, you can also choose i5. Anything below that may be too slow.
Best Laptop For Vinyl Cutting – Editor’s Choice
Our list will definitely help you narrow down your search for the top available laptops today. All of them abide by multiple important parameters. Let’s take a look.
1. HP Pavilion 15 Laptop
The HP Pavilion laptop is an outstanding device with the popularity vote. It works on the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor and has the following features:
- This is a 15.6-inch laptop operating on Windows 10 Pro.
- It is tuned to provide the highest levels of entertainment. Its specs include audio by B&O and a micro-edged screen.
- It is powered by the Intel Iris Xe Graphics that promise stunning visuals, convenience, and more.
- The laptop boasts of incredible responsiveness and superior connectivity.
- It has 16GB RAM and 512GB storage.
- Its battery life is around 8 hours. It can charge from 0 to 50 in 45 minutes.
- It offers a resolution of 1920 x 1080 with 178-degree viewing angles.
2. LG Gram Laptop
If price is not a concern, the LG Gram is an excellent choice for you. This 14-inch laptop offers a full HD IPS display and works on Intel 10th Gen Core i7 processor. Here’s more about it:
- The battery life on this laptop is outrageous! It offers 18.5 hours thanks to its 72Wh battery. Of course, you might get fewer hours when you use it heavily.
- This is a lightweight device that weighs only 2.2 lbs. It is designed to be easily portable.
- The DTS:X Ultra promises high-quality 3D audio rendering even without headphones.
- The laptop has a fingerprint reader.
- It is a highly durable laptop that can absorb pressure, shock, and dust easily.
- It has a 16GB RAM and 512GB storage.
- This is a touchscreen laptop with Thunderbolt connectivity.
3. ASUS ZenBook 15 Ultra-Slim Laptop
ASUS is a leading brand of laptops. It is known for its affordable price range among other things. This one is a 15.6-inch device that works on the Intel Core i7 Processor. If you are interested, read on and explore more features:
- The laptop boasts of a nano-edge bezel and a 16GB RAM.
- Its storage capacity is 512GB.
- This UHD laptop offers a 92% screen-to-body ratio and a touchscreen trackpad.
- It is powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics.
- You can use the laptop with Amazon Alexa voice controls.
- The built-in IR camera allows facial recognition to sign in.
- It comes with extensive connectivity through HDMI, USB, Bluetooth, SD Card, and Wi-Fi.
- On standard usage, the battery will easily last for around 9 hours.
4. Acer Aspire Slim Laptop
This Acer model is one of the most affordable laptops on our list. It is also an Amazon’s Choice product because it has many high-end features. We shall go through a few of them now:
- The laptop has an AMD CPU and a full HD IPS display of 15.6 inches.
- It comes with multi-touch gesture feature.
- It is powered by a dual-core processor and an 8GB memory.
- Its AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Mobile graphics card is good enough to suit your requirements.
- The laptop has a battery life of 7.5 hours.
- Connectivity is also quite good with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, and HDMI ports.
- Its narrow bezel design gives you more screen space.
- It is a lightweight, portable laptop.
5. Apple MacBook Air with Apple M1 Chip
Apple MacBooks are arguably among the best laptops at the moment. The latest M1 chip redefines high performance and speed. Even though it is a premium product, its specifications make it worth a shot. Below are a few more details:
- This is a 13-inch MacBook powered by the M1 chip.
- It has 16GB RAM and 512GB storage.
- It comes with Retina Display and True Tone Technology to amplify the viewing experience like never before.
- The laptop also has a touch ID.
- Its battery life is among the best in the market and you can use the laptop all day on a single charge.
- It is a lightweight laptop designed for portability.
We hope that with our article, your search for the best laptop for vinyl cutting has come to an end. All these recommendations are powerful, long-lasting, and with the capability to handle heavy workloads. All you have to do now is to compare all the specifications and choose the device you love the most.