Whether you want a mouse for photo and video editing or music production, you will get it here. Creativity like video/photo editing or music creation takes a lot of patience. It doesn’t matter whether you are a professional or a beginner, you need the best tools that are compatible with your monitor display to enhance your productivity. Right gear always motivates to bring the spark in your work. Without discussing more, let’s have a look at the top reviews of the mouse for artists and music producers.
Best Mouse for Video/Photo Editing
1. Corsair SCIMITAR RGB MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse
The key slider controlling system, the 12000 DPI adjustable sensor, and the 12 mechanical side buttons make this optical mouse a top choice for the artists. This MMO/MOBA gaming mouse from Corsair delivers the ultimate performance in photo or video editing task on your PC.
Specs and features of Corsair SCIMITAR RGB Gaming Mouse are:
- This mouse has 8mm slider macro buttons with secure locks to make your thumb free and to create unique customization.
- The high-performer 12000 DPI optical sensor gives pixel precise experience to achieve the desired result.
- It has a four-zone RGB lighting functionality which helps you to focus more on work in low-lights without distracting yourself in finding buttons. You can adjust these multicolor backlights as per your needs and comfort.
- You will get unmatched actuation and competitive performance with the help of the 12 mechanical switches designed for the expert creators.
- The ultrafast 1ms response time & 1000Hz polling rate which make the mouse more responsive to your work.
- It is supported by CUE controlling software which helps to customize the MMO timer for doubling the DPI, RGB, macros and other performances.
- This optical mouse can fit in any size hand and grip style.
2. Razer Naga Epic Chroma Wireless MMO Mouse
We cannot go ahead without talking about this wireless mouse from Razer. This device provides stunning visual experience through its 16.8 million color spectrum cycles. The ‘Razer Naga MMO Mouse’ will deliver more than just pointing & clicking on your video/photo editing needs.
Features & Specs of Razer Naga Epic Wireless MMO Mouse are:
- You can make many types of combinations with the help of 19 programmable side buttons.
- The ergonomic design and lightweight suit any size hand.
- It supports Windows and MAC Operating Systems.
- You don’t have to compromise on the accuracy and control of the mouse to gain unrestricted movements.
- The mouse is fully responsive and wireless which means you can quickly finish the editing task and do not have to deal with wires.
- The 20 hours of battery life after a full charge helps you to finish your editing tasks without any interruption.
- It has an 8200 DPI sensor and a 1000Hz polling rate to provide you greater advantages.
3. Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Mouse
Though the Logitech G502 is the best gaming mouse, it will never let you down for photo editing or video modification task on your monitor. This RGB tunable mouse offers accurate tracking. It lets you create custom profiles according to your task needs.
Specs and features of Logitech G502 Proteus Mouse are:
- It is built with an optical sensor which provides the most responsive and accurate performance.
- It has a resolution shifting range from 200 DPI to 12000 DPI which means you have the flexibility to set the DPI sensor according to your comfort.
- This mouse has the RGB adjustable lighting with 16.8 million colors.
- The 11 programmable buttons allow customizing the controls depending on the needs of the task.
- It has 1ms response time and a 1000Hz polling rate which makes it ultra-responsive.
- With five separate personalized weights, you can tune the balance of this device according to your hand size & grip.
- The button layout and rubber grips provide great feel & comfort for the longtime use.
4. Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse
The MX Master 2S mouse from Logitech is built with cross computer control for a seamless performance. The hand-crafted shape of the device provides perfect support to your palm.
Specs and features of Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse are:
- It has 4000 DPI settings which give an accurate resolution across various applications and games.
- The mouse will work for a full 70 days (depending on use & condition) after a complete charge.
- You can switch between a click-to-click and hyper-fast scrolling with a click on the scroll wheel.
- It has dual connectivity through Bluetooth or a unifying USB receiver attached to your PC.
- It works with both the Windows & Mac Operating Systems and also can deliver through three different computers.
Best Mouse for Music Production
1. Kensington K64325 Expert Trackball Mouse
If you are a music producer and looking for the best mouse for your work, then have a look at the K64325 trackball mouse from Kensington. Not only the sound creators but also the video editors and graphics designers rated this mouse as a top choice for their works.
Features and specs of Kensington K64325 Trackball Mouse are:
- The large 55mm trackball offers the perfect cursor control & accuracy which is a great thing for music production as well as photo editing.
- It has an ambidextrous design which means it delivers comfort to both the left-handers and right-handers.
- It has the auto-sleep function that helps to save the battery life while not in use and when you forget to turn it off.
- This device has detachable rest support which will create more comfort for your wrists when you need.
- The four buttons and cursor are fully customizable which enables you to set your preferences.
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chrome Operating Systems.
- The 90-day money back guarantees and 2-year warranty from the company allow you to have a hassle-free purchase.
2. Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse
If you think that the Kensington K64325 is a bit expensive unit for your startup music production and looking for a relatively cheap alternative without compromising with the quality, then check the Logitech Trackman mouse here. It doesn’t matter whether you are right handed or left handed, this ambidextrous device will provide perfect comfort and ease of use to you.
Specs and features of Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse are:
- It has long and wider palm area which will help you to get the most comfortable grip that you can imagine for your music production or photo/video editing work.
- The customizable forward/backward buttons help you to customize the settings according to your preferences.
- It has 300 DPI resolution which will help you to get a perfect experience.
- The patented optical sensor technology offers smoother tracking on almost any surface.
- It comes with the fingertip based controls which help to reduce the wrist & hand fatigue.
- This mouse has four customizable buttons to set the shortcuts according to your needs.
- It supports Windows, Chrome, and Mac Operating Systems.
- You will get a 3-year limited warranty from the company.
3. Anker AK-UBA 2.4G Wireless Vertical Optical Mouse
How about getting a vertical mouse for your multimedia editing or music production? When you want to get an ergonomically perfect mouse, you should get this Anker AK-UBA vertical gripped mouse.
Features and specs of Anker Vertical Mouse for Photo Editing are:
- It has three DPI settings including 800, 1200, and 1600 which help you to set the resolution of the mouse according to your comfort.
- This mouse will be automatically shut down if it stays ideal for eight minutes. This feature will help to improve the battery life.
- The vertical ergonomic design provides natural solid grip and comfort for all size hands.
- The previous/next buttons deliver convenience while you edit photos or videos on your monitor display or producing the music through the software.
- It has five programmable buttons which you can set according to your device and work requirements.
- This device is compatible with Linux, Mac, and Windows Operating Systems.
- It comes with 18-month company warranty which makes you worry free about the purchase.
How to choose the perfect mouse for video editing or music production?
While you are choosing a mouse for photo editing and music production, you need to keep certain things in mind. The first thing is that you should consider your choice whether you need a wireless or wired mouse. Then, check the DPI settings and polling rate. The higher these settings, the more you will get a precision control. You should also check the number of programmable buttons and their placing on the device. The mouse even should come with a good company warranty. At last, check the cost of the equipment and select according to your budget.
The photo or video editing or music production is not an easy task always. It requires a lot of patience, concentration, and accuracy. If you don’t do it precisely, you will not get desired results. And so a good-quality and specially built mouse is an essential tool for the designers, editors and music producers.
Which mouse from the above list will you purchase your photo/video editing or music production work? Do you have any other product in mind? You can share your thoughts below in the comments.