We have seen the list of the mouse for small hands, mouse for big hands, mouse for programmers, mouse for gaming, etc. on this website. Today, we will have a look at the highly rated mice for CAD and Solidworks designing software.
Before we go to the CAD mouse reviews, I want to suggest that when you are going to buy a mouse for 3D modeling software, consider a few factors like your budget, plug-n-play functionality of the mouse, scroll wheel availability, the number of customizable buttons, and the comfortability of the mouse on your hands.
How to buy the best mouse for SolidWorks and CAD – Buyer’s guide
Choosing the right mouse can be quite a challenge because most of us don’t exactly know what to look for. We are hoping this guide will ease the buying process for you:
- The mouse needs to be ergonomic: There’s no compromise here because SolidWorks and CAD are time consuming. Most professionals work for long hours and thus, an ergonomic mouse is an absolute requirement. Now, when we say ergonomic or comfortable, it can mean different things to different people. This is why it is crucial that you test a few mice before zeroing in on one.
- It must have a good number of shortcuts: It’s all about customization and extra buttons when it comes to choosing the best mouse for SolidWorks and CAD! So, get your hands around a mouse that has extra programmable buttons that you can use based on your work. This will make your job very easy once you get used to it.
- The navigation must be smooth: Choose a mouse with hardware that has excellent space navigation so that you can work through your 3D space without problems. There are mice designed specifically for this purpose that you can choose to make your work easier and smoother.
- Ensure the compatibility: This may seem obvious but some users give this a mis s. The mouse you buy has to be compatible with the OS you work on. Otherwise, all the research and features will be a waste.
- The mouse should be of appropriate size: Since you will be working for many hours, you have to make sure that the mouse is appropriate for your hand. If you have small hands, you should go with something that fits comfortably. If you have average sized or large hands, you can easily choose a large mouse with extra buttons and great comfort. It all depends on what you prefer.
Keeping the above things in mind will help you to determine the perfect mouse for your professional use easily.
Let’s check the Solidworks mice reviews now.
Best Mouse for Solidworks
1. VicTsing MM057 Wireless Portable Optical Mouse
The first on my list is the MM057 wireless mouse from VicTsing. Its ergonomic design, high accuracy, elegant look, and durability all together make it a favorite mouse among the CAD professionals worldwide.
Features of VicTsing MM057 Wireless Mouse are:
- It has five adjustable CPI including 800, 1200, 1600, 2000, and 2400 as well as two polling rates of 125Hz and 250Hz.
- It comes with a nano receiver which offers plug and play functionality of the mouse. You will not need to install any driver for using it.
- This mouse is tested and passed for over 5000000 keystrokes which provide a guarantee of longtime durability.
- It has an operating distance of up to 33 feet thanks to its 2.4Ghz wireless technology and a PAW3212 professional chip.
- The sturdy scroll wheel with rubber will offer a non-slip control while scrolling.
- It has a sweat-resistant, contoured shape with a skin-friendly finish to deliver maximum comfort and support.
- After an eight-minute of inactivity, this mouse will go to the sleep mode to save the power. You can wake it up again by pressing any key.
- It is compatible with the Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- You will get a 45-day money back guarantee and a 12-month warranty from the company.
- There are a total of nine colors of this mouse are available to pick up your favorite one.
2. Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse for CAD Professionals
If you love to use the trackball for your CAD and Solidworks use, then the Logitech M570 mouse is for you. One of the best advantages of this mouse is that your hand will stay stable when you navigate using it. You will get an extreme precision when you make 3D designing in the CAD software using this mouse.
Features of Logitech M570 Trackball Mouse are:
- This hand-friendly trackball wireless mouse will give you precise control every time you use it.
- It comes with a Logitech unifying receiver which allows you to have a 30-foot wireless operating range of the mouse.
- The included AA battery will work up to almost 18 months without replacing it.
- The sculpted shape of the mouse gives you comfortable handling and allows you to move the cursor on the screen without moving your hand.
- It is compatible with both the Windows and Mac systems.
- Apart from the scroll wheel and trackball, it comes with four customizable buttons.
- You will get a 3-year warranty from the company along with the user documentation.
3. Anker AK-UBA Wireless Ergonomic Optical Mouse
The Anker AK-UBA has a unique vertical shape which makes it different from the other mice for graphic designers. It is the cheapest vertical mouse available in the market. Due to its astonishing form, it will give you comfortable working for a long duration.
Features of Anker AK-UBA Optical Vertical Mouse are:
- It has 800, 1200, and 1600 DPI resolutions setting for providing superior sensitivity than the other standard optical mice.
- It allows you to have a neutral ‘handshake’ position of your wrist and arm which will reduce the strain and improves the smoothness in the cursor movement.
- After eight minutes of inactivity, it will automatically go into the power saving mode. You can click the right or left mouse button to wake it up again.
- It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac Operating Systems.
- The five buttons along with the scroll wheel will provide superior control while designing, surfing, navigating, and gaming.
- In this package, you will get one Anker vertical mouse, one 2.4Ghz USB receiver, and one instruction manual. You will need to buy the batteries separately.
- The company provides a warranty of 18 months for this vertical CAD mouse.
If you are a professional CAD designer and use Solidworks regularly, then you should have this 3Dconnexion mouse on your desk. This ultra-light, compact mouse will provide an excellent 3D precision. It is great for the 3D designers and enthusiasts who frequently work on 3D modeling during travel.
Features of 3Dconnexion 3DX-700028 SpaceNavigator Mouse are:
- It has an advanced 6-degree optical sensor which means you can move the mouse in six directions without moving your hands.
- It comes with two programmable buttons to allow you to make adjustments according to your needs.
- The unique pressure sensing technology makes it a virtual extension and an ideal companion for the 3D applications like Solidworks, Autodesk 3Ds Max, Adobe Photoshop CS3, ArchiCAD, etc.
- The key feature of this mouse is that you can efficiently perform the complex adjustments for the 3D models and camera views without changing the direction, rotation, zoom, or stopping frequently.
- It has a stainless steel base which keeps it stationary to provide you better control during working on the high-end applications or playing games.
- It supports the Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems.
5. Razer DeathAdder Chroma Multi Color Solidworks Mouse
The Razer DeathAdder Chroma is undoubtedly the world’s most famous mouse for gaming. But, its ergonomic design, superior DPI sensor, comfortable grip, and mechanical switches make it favorite among the CAD professionals too.
Features of Razer DeathAdder Chroma Mouse for Solidworks are:
- It has a 10,000 DPI optical sensor and the mouse movement speed of 200” per second with 50g acceleration.
- The ergonomic shape of this mouse will fit in your hand comfortably and reduces the strain during the use for long hours.
- The organic fluidity and precise accuracy of the optical sensor adjust according to your faster or slower use while designing or gaming.
- It comes with chroma lighting with customizable 16.8 million color options to get your favorite color according to your mood.
- It works on both the Windows and Mac systems.
6. Logitech G600 MMO Solidworks Mouse
You may be thinking that why am I adding gaming mouse in this list for CAD professionals. But, due to a lot of positive feedback from the SourceCAD users, I have mentioned the G600 USB powered mouse from Logitech here. Its highly programmable features and easy-to-use functionality will help you to master in your work.
Features of Logitech G600 USB Mouse are:
- It comes with 20 programmable buttons including a 12-button thumb panel for a fast and no-look navigation process.
- The G-shift ring-finger button helps to double the speed of the action you perform with each button.
- It has an 8200 DPI max resolution support for on-the-fly DPI shifting.
- This mouse is compatible with the Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- It has the polyurethane base which minimizes the friction and delivers smooth motions and accurate cursor control for 3D modeling software and gaming both.
7. 3Dconnexion 3DX-700052 CAD Mouse for CAD Professionals
The 3DX-700052 CADMouse from 3Dconnexion comes with a dedicated middle mouse button which is a unique feature in the mouse technology. It makes the more comfortable process of pressing despite scrolling the wheel. If you regularly use CAD and Solidworks, then this mouse is recommended for you.
Features of 3Dconnexion 3DX-700052 Mouse for CAD Professionals are:
- It has 8200 DPI resolution settings for controlling the movement resolution of the cursor.
- This USB powered mouse has a matte black finish with a smooth finish which will give an attractive look and firm grip in your hand.
- It comes with two programmable buttons to help you set the most used features according to your requirements.
- It is compatible with the Windows Operating Systems.
- The 3Dconnnexion’s QuickZoom technology allows to zoom in/out of the geometry with a single click of the thumb button.
People also ask
Now, let’s skim through a few commonly asked questions to understand the topic better. If you have any additional doubts, you may find the answers in this section:
1) Do you need a mouse for SolidWorks?
Yes, you do, especially if you use SolidWorks regularly.
2) What type of mouse is the best?
We would say that an ergonomic mouse with extra programmable buttons is the best one for SolidWorks and CAD.
3) What mouse has the most DPI?
The Logitech G502 has the highest native DPI.
4) Which mouse is best for AutoCAD?
All the mice we mentioned above are amazing for AutoCAD.
5) What is a 3D mouse used for?
A 3D mouse is designed specifically for 3D environments. It controls and points smoothly in virtual 3D environments.
6) What are the different types of mice?
There are numerous options right from the basic wired mouse, optical mouse, vertical mouse, USB mouse, trackball mouse, magic mouse, and Bluetooth mouse. You can pick whichever you prefer.
7) Do you need a mouse for AutoCAD?
Yes, a dedicated mouse will make AutoCAD work smooth and easy. So, we definitely recommend it.
Your thoughts matter
Even though you may have to pay a little more than you think for getting a good mouse as a Solidworks and CAD designer, you will be happy to feel the reduced strain on your hands when you work for long hours.
I have compiled the list of the best mice for CAD and Solidworks for the professionals. These are the most sought and highly rated mouse devices by the CAD users and experts. But, still, your opinion has utmost importance. I will love to know your thoughts on this article. Also, share your preferred choice of the CAD mouse for 3D designing works.